Friday 27 May 2011

I've Redstarted so I'll finish.

I've been away in Bournemouth all week for our trade union's annual conference. I travelled back today but decided to get some birding in along the way. I stopped at three sites, Keyhaven Marshes, Hurst Spit nr Lymimgton and then Beaulieu Road Station in the New Forest.

Keyhaven; Swift, Stonechat, Meadow Pipit, Linnet, Reed Bunting, Reed Warbler, Oystercatcher, Redshank, Black Tailed Godwit, Grey Plover, Knot, Dunlin, Turnstone, Ringed Plover, Curlew, Pintail, Shelduck, Eider, Little Tern, Little Egret, Common Tern, Gannet.

Hurst Spit; Rock Pipit, (tick and run!)

Beaulieu Road Station; Cuckoo (calling,) Stonechat (3 pairs,) Marsh Tit (adults feeding young,) Mistle Thrush, Curlew, Reed Bunting, House Martin, Redstart (at least 5 pairs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment