Friday 2 September 2011

A nice chat at Woodoaks Farm

From the tarmac road that leads up to the farm I noticed a bird on the far side of the cows field sitting on the fence and occasionally dropping down to feed. It was too far away for me to i.d. but i suspected it to be a Whinchat. I made my way round to the farm outbuildings with the intention of moving along the fenceline to get a closer look. It was then that I noticed Sir Geoffrey Laptop jamming in on my bird! I spoke to Jethro and we decided to get my scope then go along the fenceline together to try to get a positive i.d. of the bird. We made our way along the fenceline then viewed the bird from a sensible distance and unbelievably we both identified the bird as a Whinchat at exactly the same time, right down to the milli-second! I phoned Brendan G with the news and Geoff informed Paul Lewis, they both joined us shortly after. Also noted at Woodoaks were; 5 House Martin, 2 Little Owl, 4 Ring Necked Parakeet, 3 Red Kite, 2 Kestrel, Buzzard, Hobby, 3 Yellow Wagtail, Chiffchaff.

Early evening over Parsonage Close, Abbots Langley; c20 House Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment