Sunday 3 November 2013

Wilstone Reservoir and Ivinghoe Beacon

An early morning visit to Wilstone Reservoir near Tring and then Ivinghoe Beacon.
At Wilstone I made my way to the jetty, on arrival I immediately connected with the long staying Water Pipit. Then on scanning the spit in front of the jetty I soon connected with the recently reported Yellow-legged Gull. Unfortunately as the wind was blowing directly towards me all the birds on the spit were facing the wrong way. I took a few pics but the Yellow-legged Gull was too distant for anything decent. I have posted a couple anyway!. Then over to Ivinghoe Beacon. The footpath from the car park proved quite productive. First up was a Sparrowhawk, then 5 Bullfinch, 2 Marsh Tit, Redwing, Fieldfare and lots of Goldfinches.
A few pics below.
Yellow-legged Gull

Yellow-legged Gull on rhs

Bullfinch-Ivinghoe Beacon

5 Bullfinch (honest!)-Ivinghoe Beacon

3 of the 5 Bullfinch-Ivinghoe Beacon

Fieldfare-Ivinghoe Beacon

Fieldfare-Ivinghoe Beacon

Marsh Tit-Ivinghoe Beacon

Marsh Tit-Ivinghoe Beacon

Marsh Tit-Ivinghoe Beacon

Marsh Tit-Ivinghoe Beacon

Goldfinch-Ivinghoe Beacon

No comments:

Post a Comment