Friday 7 March 2014

Catch Up TV

Apologies for lack of posts, various reasons including laziness.
Weds of last week Blackbirds begun nestbuilding in my back garden. On sunday I went to Lemsford Springs with Brendan, here we connected with a single Mealy Redpoll in a flock with 7 Lessers, there was a work party in progress so we headed off to Amwell. Unfortunately no Bittern or Bearded Tit showed. We did manage; Reed Bunting, Pheasant, Long-tailed Tit, Great Tit, Cetti's Warbler calling but not seen, Lapwing, Snipe, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Black-headed Gull, Common Gull, Herring  Gull, Lesser black-backed Gull, Goldeneye, Gadwall, Mallard, Pochard Tufted Duck, Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, Cormorant, Little Egret. All off the top of my head so not a comprehensive list.
On tues this week I heard a Blackcap singing opposite Tesco's in Rickmansworth. On weds I installed a nestbox cam in my back garden and within 10 minutes a Blue Tit was in to investigate. Yesterday there were two in together having a look around and the same again this morning. Finally yesterday at work 3 Greenfinch in display flight over the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment