Sunday 25 January 2015

Great Grey Shrike at Slapton

I arrived at Slapton Lock before 08:00 and made my way along the canal towpath to bridge no 118. Then across a couple of fields and after some searching I connected with the Great Grey Shrike. Although the bird showed quite well the light was really poor. The Shrike was in the hedgerow quite close to the canal, grid reference SP 92659 21485. It then flew towards the farm buildings and I managed to re-locate it, first on the hay bales and then in the hedgerow at SP 92932 21028. I had to get back home so I hurried off back along the towpath and as I did so I was able to give some other birders directions to the shrike. Of course the sun was now shining and a pleasant end to my trip was a Kingfisher that showed well close to Slapton Lock.








No comments:

Post a Comment