Monday 18 February 2013

My Waxwings

For the last few months I have been trying to find some local Waxwings today I finally got lucky. I was driving along station road in Kings Langley when I saw a small flock of Waxwings drop into a tree near the junction of Toms Lane. I was keen to get the news out but my overrated iphone wouldn't connect to the web. So I sent a text to Ian Bennell who kindly put the news out. Thanks Ian long time no see! I stayed watching the Waxwings and took a few pics. Whilst waiting for the hordes of local birders to arrive a Red Kite drifted over. Time was getting on and I headed off to work. Just before I got in the car the birds all appeared to fly off but they just re-located a couple of hundred yards up station road. Brendan went a couple of hours later and could only find one bird.




No comments:

Post a Comment