Wednesday 25 March 2015

My first, second and third singing Chiffchaff of 2015

Monday 23rd March 2014.
After failing to see the Green Sandpiper at Scotsbridge Mill yesterday I decided to have another bash this afternoon. Walking alongside the Chess I heard my first singing Chiffchaff of the year. I was here yesterday and did not hear one so must assume a new arrival. Nearer to the cress beds and two more singing Chiffchaff were heard. A scan of the cress beds, 3 Teal but no sign of the Green Sandpiper. Looking from the bridge over the Chess I did catch a glimpse of the Green Sandpiper. I made my way a little closer and did get a better view. Whilst looking at the Green Sandpiper I also noticed a Small Tortoiseshell. On the walk back to the car a Little Egret and a Kestrel.







No comments:

Post a Comment