Friday 4 January 2013

Waxwings Oaklands Avenue Watford

Yesterday afternoon whilst carrying out my duties as a highly trained and motivated postal officer, I noticed an alert on my birdguides app of Waxwings in Oaklands Avenue, Watford. Although I had no optics with me and I am not allowed to stray "off route", Oaklands Avenue was about a mile and a half from where I was in Bushey. So I made my over and soon connected with 8 Waxwings in the back garden of a house on Oaklands Avenue. Joan T (the finder) was there and kindly lent me her bins for a better look. Only a brief stay, then back to work.
If you are reading this today (friday 4th Dec 2013) the flock is now up to 16 and still there.
Off to Suffolk and Norfolk in the morning with Paul, Brendan and Ephraim. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment