Sunday 15 December 2013

Choo-Choo Tawny

This morning I caught the 07:19 train from Kings Langley to Euston. I made my way to Regents Park where I met Dave J. Dave had recently found a Tawny Owl roosting in a Willow Tree. We made our way to the area and luckily for us the Tawny Owl was sleeping in a large hole in the Willow. Dave then took me on a mini tour of the park before returning to have another look at the Tawny Owl. The Owl had now been joined in the Willow by two or three Stock Dove. It seemed a little concerned by their presence and kept a watchful eye out. Also in the park; Chiffchaff, Redwing, Mistle Thrush, Grey Wagtail and of course the wildfowl collection which has about 60 different species. Then back to Euston in time for the 10:28 train home.  Tawny Owl pics below and last 2 are Bufflehead and Lesser Scaup from the captive wildfowl collection.







3 comments:

  1. Yep Baikal Teal, Hooded Merganser, Red-breasted Goose, Ruddy Shelduck all present along with 50+ other species of wildfowl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice owl pictures! I will add you to my bloglist and follow this blog.

    Gr. John (from Holland)

    ReplyDelete